NATIVE | The Prodigies of an Icon will feature Bison from across the North American Continent. Screen Shots of video images will be available in yearly calendars to help fundraise for the production. Check back around October 31st for information on the 2022 Production Calendar.
Production Photos By Location
- Rosebud Sioux Tribe Buffalo HerdMeet My Neighbor Productions had the opportunity to interview Wizipan Little Elk of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe (Sicangu Oyate) the Rosebud Reservation and visit the Rosebud Herd.
- Dakota Pure Bison South DakotaWe had the pleasure of visiting Scott Assman in South Dakota on the Assman Land and Cattle ranch just outside the Rosebud Reservation. Scott Assman is the founder of Dakota Pure Bison along with Alex Heims. They own a her of just under 1,000 head of bison on over 10,000 managed acres.
- The Yellowstone BisonThe Bison of Yellowstone definitely have a majesty about them you simply don’t experience elsewhere. The Yellowstone herd is probably the oldest and largest public bison herd in the United States, estimated in 2020 to be 4,800 bison. The bison in the Yellowstone Park bison herd are American bison of the Plains bison subspecies.
- Durham Ranch WyomingDurham Ranch in Wyoming is an incredible 55,000 acre Bison Ranch running anywhere from 2,000 to 3,000 head of Bison in their herd. This is one of the largest herds we’ve had the opportunity to experience and look forward to seeing more of the in the future.
- Eastern Shoshone Tribe Bison Conservation HerdWe had the privilege of visiting the Eastern Shoshone Tribe on the Wind River Reservation of Wyoming. This is an incredible conservation effort to provide Bison with a wild habitat range just outside the back door of the Yellowstone and Titan Parks where Bison currently roam wild. This picturesque setting currently rests on 600 acres […]
- Memphis RanchWe’ve had the incredible opportunity to spend a couple of days filming at Memphis Ranch in Carr, CO. The ranch is a great example of a Bison start up with lots of potential and an exciting business plan. https://memphisranch.com
- The Savory InstituteIt’s nearly impossible to document regenerative ranching practices without crossing paths with the Savory Institute. We had the incredible opportunity of meeting with and filming the West Bijou Ranch Savory Institute Staff as they met with the USGS to evaluate forage growth from around the ranch.
- The West Bijou RanchDay 1 of filming NATIVE | Prodigies of an Icon we visited with National Bison Association President Dave Carter at the West Bijou Ranch outside of Strasburg Colorado.
- North Carolina Zoological ParkThe North Carolina Zoological Park is home to an exceptional herd of Great Plains Bison. From the Yanasa Ama Ventures video library some of these magnificent animals will be seen in NATIVE | The Prodigies of an Icon.
- Bison of ColoradoOver the years, Meet My Neighbor Productions and Yanasa TV have gathered footage of bison in the great Rocky Mountain State of Colorado. Some of this footage will be used in the making of NATIVE | The Prodigies of an Icon.
- Trinity Bison Ranch Clyde, NCVideo shots from Trinity Bison Ranch used in the Meet My Neighbor Farm Series Pilot Episode “Bison Escape” will be used in the production of NATIVE | The Prodigies of an Icon.
A Documentary about North America's most iconic mammal, it's regenerative significance, prehistoric legacy and the industry that saved it.