NATIVE | The Prodigies of an Icon will feature Bison from across the North American Continent. Screen Shots of video images will be available in yearly calendars to help fundraise for the production. Check back around October 31st for information on the 2022 Production Calendar.
Production Photos By Location
- Fall Round Up Bigelow FieldsWorking bison is challenging! Our MMNP team traveled to Bigelow Fields Bison Ranch and Bakery in Stratton Maine to film their annual fall found up and working day. These first generation ranchers are proving that even small facilities can handle the job of maintaining herd health.
- Bigelow Fields Soiree on the RangeBison not only plays a role in indigenous culture, as our national mammal it has become an icon even in modern western culture. The MMNP Team filmed the “Soiree on the Range” at Bigelow Fields Bison Ranch and Bakery. The epic fall scenery accompanied with the backdrop of bison herds created an incredible atmosphere for […]
- Rosebud Sicangu CDC Food SovereigntySPONSORED BY: Sicangu CDC’s food sovereignty program brings the bison back into the classroom and diets of the Lakota people. By means of education, cultural rehabilitation, and whole food education, Sicangu Co is working to restore Lakota values through community-driven programs.
- Antelope Creek Ranch a Dakota Pure Bison PartnerSPONSORED BY: Second filming session with Dakota Pure Bison at Antelope Creek Bison Ranch in Mission, South Dakota.
- National Bison Association Regenerative Field Day at Antelope Creek Ranch in South DakotaSPONSORED BY: The MMNP production team attended and documented one of the National Bison Associations “Regenerative Field Days” at Antelope Creek Ranch in Mission South Dakota.
- A September visit to Durham RanchSPONSORED BY: Meet My Neighbor Productions returned to Durham Ranch in September for severals days capturing everything from herding bison on horseback and restaurant bison experiences to extensive ranch tours!
- Filming of YellowstoneSPONSORED BY: MMNP returned to Yellowstone National Park for another filming trip. Only this time to catch the entertainment of watching visitors as they “mingle” with the bison. An important part of the bison’s story is it’s iconic image in modern day culture.
- Bison in the Grand Teton National ParkSPONSORED BY: Bison in the Tetons aren’t as readily available for videography, however with a little patience and a lot of searching our team was able to capture some epic shots of the Grand Teton bison herds at sunset. Our team also had a rather close encounter with some of the other wildlife in the […]
- The Majestic Wind River Reservation and indigenous bison herd.SPONSORED BY: Wind River is truly an incredibly beautiful place to visit. Without a doubt, some of our greatest shots of bison have come from this gorgeous landscape. A special thanks to Jason Baldes for opening up his doors and allowing us to spend time with the Shoshone Indigenous Herd!
- The incredible valley of Bigelow Fields Bison Ranch in Stratton MaineSPONSORED BY Meet My Neighbor Productions spent nearly a week filming the breath taking views and Bison of Bigelow fields bison ranch sitting between Rangeley and Stratton Maine. From 360 degree views of the Bigelow Mountain Range, to some seriously good baking, and of course Bison, Bigelow Fields is an amazing east coast ranch to […]
- Native Cuisine with Chef Joe Robbins at Bissell Brothers Three RiversSPONSORED BY: Chef Joseph Robbins is sharing his Native American heritage while cooking up some incredible Bison Tacos at the Bissell Brothers Brewery in Three Rivers aka Milo Maine.
- A Tipi Adventure at Cherokee Valley Bison Ranch in Thornville, OHSPONSORED BY: Meet My Neighbor Productions visited and filmed Cherokee Valley Bison Ranch in Thornville, Ohio providing some terrific footage of Bison on fields of the Northern Midwest.
- NATIVE Film Featured in Bison World Magazine Summer 2022An ancient philosopher once said, “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a good pair of socks.”
- A sit down with Allan SavorySPONSORED BY: We just drove 12 hours to South Florida for a single interview… a very important interview with a very insightful man who can has helped shed the light on the importance of large ungulates in our ecosystem. When it comes to regenerative agriculture, Allan Savory literally wrote the book on understanding holistic management […]
- National Bison Association Winter Conference 2022 Denver COSPONSORED BY: It was a pleasure to present the NATIVE pilot trailer for the first time at the National Bison Association 2022 Winter Conference in Denver, CO. As usual our team continued filming this historical event as the Bison Facilities at the Denver National Western Stock Show were dedicated and held their first Bison Auction! […]
- Rosebud Sioux Tribe Buffalo HerdSPONSORED BY: Meet My Neighbor Productions had the opportunity to interview Wizipan Little Elk of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe (Sicangu Oyate) the Rosebud Reservation and visit the Rosebud Herd.
- Dakota Pure Bison South DakotaSPONSORED BY: We had the pleasure of visiting Scott Assman in South Dakota on the Assman Land and Cattle ranch just outside the Rosebud Reservation. Scott Assman is the founder of Dakota Pure Bison along with Alex Heims. They own a her of just under 1,000 head of bison on over 10,000 managed acres.
- The Yellowstone BisonSPONSORED BY: The Bison of Yellowstone definitely have a majesty about them you simply don’t experience elsewhere. The Yellowstone herd is probably the oldest and largest public bison herd in the United States, estimated in 2020 to be 4,800 bison. The bison in the Yellowstone Park bison herd are American bison of the Plains bison […]
- Durham Ranch WyomingSPONSORED BY Durham Ranch in Wyoming is an incredible 55,000 acre Bison Ranch running anywhere from 2,000 to 3,000 head of Bison in their herd. This is one of the largest herds we’ve had the opportunity to experience and look forward to seeing more of the in the future.
- Eastern Shoshone Tribe Bison Conservation HerdSPONSORED BY: We had the privilege of visiting the Eastern Shoshone Tribe on the Wind River Reservation of Wyoming. This is an incredible conservation effort to provide Bison with a wild habitat range just outside the back door of the Yellowstone and Titan Parks where Bison currently roam wild. This picturesque setting currently rests on […]
- Memphis RanchSPONSORED BY: We’ve had the incredible opportunity to spend a couple of days filming at Memphis Ranch in Carr, CO. The ranch is a great example of a Bison start up with lots of potential and an exciting business plan. https://memphisranch.com
- The Savory InstituteSPONSORED BY: It’s nearly impossible to document regenerative ranching practices without crossing paths with the Savory Institute. We had the incredible opportunity of meeting with and filming the West Bijou Ranch Savory Institute Staff as they met with the USGS to evaluate forage growth from around the ranch.
- The West Bijou RanchSPONSORED BY: Day 1 of filming NATIVE | Prodigies of an Icon we visited with National Bison Association President Dave Carter at the West Bijou Ranch outside of Strasburg Colorado.
- North Carolina Zoological ParkThe North Carolina Zoological Park is home to an exceptional herd of Great Plains Bison. From the Yanasa Ama Ventures video library some of these magnificent animals will be seen in NATIVE | The Prodigies of an Icon.
- Bison of ColoradoOver the years, Meet My Neighbor Productions and Yanasa TV have gathered footage of bison in the great Rocky Mountain State of Colorado. Some of this footage will be used in the making of NATIVE | The Prodigies of an Icon.
- Trinity Bison Ranch Clyde, NCVideo shots from Trinity Bison Ranch used in the Meet My Neighbor Farm Series Pilot Episode “Bison Escape” will be used in the production of NATIVE | The Prodigies of an Icon.
A Documentary about North America's most iconic mammal, it's regenerative significance, prehistoric legacy and the industry that saved it.